Details of the Competition
- Home -
- School Life -
- Faith Zone -
- Easter Season -
- Easter Garden Competition -
- Details of the Competition -
Please Note - This year's competition has closed
Gardening club will again be helping inspire the children with top tips on how to create an Easter Garden in order to enter our whole school competition. And you can see their top tips for creating a garden below.
Please bring in your entries on Monday 15th April, 2013.
Father Nigel and Father Peter will judge the competition and the two winners per year group will be given prizes.
We hope you enjoy your Easter Holidays and towards the end get busy making your own garden creation, which reflects the Easter story in the bible. We were amazed by the entries last year!
Easter Garden Top Tips:-
- Find a suitable container, shallow tray, bowl or take away tub.
- Fill your container with soil from the garden.
- Plant a flowering spring bulb like a daffodil, primrose, pansy or small alpine plants into the soil making sure you cover the roots.
- Push thin rocks into the soil to make a structure or cave. Rest another piece of rock on the top to make a roof or be creative and make any sort of roof you like.
- Add small stones, gravel or sand to create features and paths.
- Decorate with Easter chicks, angels, a cross or mini chocolate eggs.
- Keep your Easter Garden watered over Easter to keep your live plants alive.
Here are some of last year's winners to inspire you!