Free School Meals
Families receiving certain state benefits are entitled to free lunches, and we would encourage any families who think they might be entitled to this to sign up.
Am I eligible?
You are eligible if you receive one of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
It’s important for the school that everyone entitled to free lunches claims them, as the school receives extra funding to provide support for pupils known as ‘Pupil Premium’, based on the number of children entitled to free school meals. We are also able to subsidise a certain amount of the cost for Clubs for pupils entitled to Free School Meals.
Please contact Mrs Jones in the school office for a confidential talk about this, or you can apply directly to the Borough of Richmond here.