A new Vision for The Queen’s School
The Queen’s School needs a new Vision for the next three years (2022 to 2025). The Vision sets the school’s priorities during this period.
Have your say
It’s important that our new Vision is appropriate, ambitious and achievable – one that we can all embrace and embed in our school life. We want to hear from everyone in our school community – your views on the proposed new Vision, as well as any ideas you may have about areas of focus for the school over the next few years. We invite you to read the proposed new Vision below, and to complete the short questionnaire.
Understanding the Vision
Our overall Vision has three elements:
- Our Mission
- Our Vision Priorities
- Our Action Plans
Our Mission is consistent. It is what we do. The Queen’s School’s Mission can be summarised as:
- “Encouraging every child to reach their full potential – nurtured and supported in a Christian community that lives and learns by the values of love, compassion and respect”. (John 13:34 “Love one another as I have loved you.”)
It is set out more fully in the following statements:
- We provide a learning journey that encourages our children to be independent, well-rounded, kind and confident individuals – supported and nurtured by valued and committed staff
- We encourage all our children to flourish academically, spiritually and personally – and to achieve the highest academic standards possible for each child, within a stimulating, creative and secure learning environment
- Our Christian values of love, compassion and respect are at the heart of everything we do; our school is welcoming and inclusive; we value equality and celebrate diversity, and our children know the nature of God from a Christian perspective, whilst developing their own beliefs of Christian, other faiths or no faith
- Our pupils leave at the end of Year 6 fully equipped with the skills to embrace the secondary school of their choice, and with core values to guide them on their life journey with the knowledge that God loves us all
Our Vision Priorities
Our Vision Priorities underpin our decisions, allocation of resources, and school and staff objectives. They must be refreshed every three years to ensure the school’s efforts – and pursuit of excellence – are always focussed on the right, relevant challenges and opportunities. As specific Vision Priorities are achieved, they become embedded in school life – creating space for new priorities that can benefit from the same relentless focus. For example, previous Visions have focussed on sport, music and use of outdoor space.
Our proposed Vision Priorities for 2022 to 2025 are:
The specific outcomes we want to achieve are:
Learning and Teaching
Our Action Plans
Our Action Plans are the workstreams that we will put in place to ensure we achieve our Vision Priorities – once these have been agreed. These are therefore not included here, as we are first consulting with you on the Vision Priorities.
Share your views
We would appreciate you views and ask that you complete this very short questionnaire here: