Our school lunches are provided by ISS Facility Services – Education who have nearly 20 years experience of educational catering.
Here’s what ISS say about their food philosophy:
Our menus incorporate the latest food concepts and reflect a healthy lifestyle whilst offering popular options to accommodate customer choice.
- Fresh food, cooked on site every day – We believe everybody deserves a fresh and healthy diet
- Regularly updated modern menus – We offer a varied and imaginative menu cycle
- Excellent value for money – The ultimate balance between cost and quality
- Great people – Specially trained chefs, and staff that guarantee quality assured levels of hygiene, food standards and safety
- A great environment – A real commitment to creating superior, design led dining and kitchen environments
You can find more information about ISS, their food philosophy and the current menu on their website School Lunch Menu
Packed Lunch Guidelines
Healthy packed lunches can include:
- Fruit and vegetables.
- Meat, fish or other source of non-dairy protein (e.g. lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas, and falafel).
- A starchy food such as any type of bread, pasta, rice, couscous, noodles, potatoes
- or other type of cereals.
- Dairy food such as cheese, eggs, yoghurt or fromage frais.
- Plain popcorn, breadsticks or rice cakes.
- A small cake or biscuit is allowed.
- Fruit smoothies as long as they are in a tube or pouch that does not resemble a juice carton.
Packed lunches should not include:
- Nuts/peanut butter. Due to some children having nut allergies, we have a strict no nuts policy (this includes products containing nuts such as pesto and Nutella). Hummus contains tahini, a sesame seed paste, which some children with nut allergies are sensitive to, so hummus should not be bought into school.
- Confectionery such as chocolate bars and sweets.
- Fizzy drinks, squash or fruit juices (fresh drinking water is available for all children
- to have with their lunch in the lunch hall).