A nutritionally balanced two-course hot lunch is available daily in school, served in the hall. For children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 this is free under the government's Universal Infant Free School Meals scheme. For pupils in years 3 to 6 the cost is £2.50 per day, which we think represents very good value. Families in receipt of certain state benefits are also entitled to free school meals - for more information click the button on the right-hand side of this page. To sign your child up for school lunches please e-mail the school office. Please click on the link below to see this term's menu.
If your child needs a special diet for medical reasons, the caterers are able to provide a bespoke menu. Please contact the school office for the necessary forms. Please note that evidence from a medical practitioner is required before a bespoke diet can be prepared.
From September 2021 we have a new catering company, Caterlink, who won the contract to serve Richmond and Kingston schools after a thorough tender process. Please click on the links below to find out more about Caterlink's offering
Packed Lunch Guidelines
Healthy packed lunches can include:
- Fruit and vegetables.
- Meat, fish or other source of non-dairy protein (e.g. lentils, kidney beans, chickpeas, and falafel).
- A starchy food such as any type of bread, pasta, rice, couscous, noodles, potatoes
- or other type of cereals.
- Dairy food such as cheese, eggs, yoghurt or fromage frais.
- Plain popcorn, breadsticks or rice cakes.
- A small cake or biscuit is allowed.
- Fruit smoothies as long as they are in a tube or pouch that does not resemble a juice carton.
Packed lunches should not include:
- Nuts/peanut butter. Due to some children having nut allergies, we have a strict no nuts policy (this includes products containing nuts such as pesto and Nutella). Hummus contains tahini, a sesame seed paste, which some children with nut allergies are sensitive to, so hummus should not be bought into school.
- Confectionery such as chocolate bars and sweets.
- Fizzy drinks, squash or fruit juices (fresh drinking water is available for all children
- to have with their lunch in the lunch hall).