Sport Premium - Academic Year 2018 -2019
Funding for schools is calculated on the number of primary aged pupils, from year 1 - year 6, recorded at the January 2018 census. All schools with 17 or more pupils receive a lump sum of £16,000, plus a premium of £10.00 per pupil. Our total number of pupils was 355. Sport Premium grant £19,550
The receipt of regular funding since 2013 has enabled The Queen’s School to continually improve the PE provision, ensuring high quality learning experiences for all pupils, professional development for staff and a wide range of competitive sporting opportunities.
The Queen’s School Vision
- Every child receives two hours per week of high quality learning and teaching in physical education.
- Children are encouraged to be physically active for sustained periods of time both in PE lessons and within their playtimes.
- Children are inspired by PE lessons/clubs, enjoy being physically active and leave our school with the motivation, the physical confidence, competence and knowledge and understanding for lifelong participation in physical activity.
- Children understand the benefits of a healthy lifestyle, how it affects their well-being and how it supports their health and fitness.
- Opportunities are made for more children to be involved in competitive sport and a wide range of other physical activities which help to embed the values of fairness and respect.
You cab find details of how the Sport Premium has been used to benefit all children at The Queen's School by downloading the documents below.