The Queen's School PSA
PARENT STAFF ASSOCIATION (PSA)
The PSA brings together the whole Queen’s community to support the school, fundraise and have fun. As a group we offer assistance to the school which helps enhance the communication between parents and teachers. The PSA also provides a forum for social activities for children and parents and organises events to raise funds for the school. The events during the year include the Summer and Christmas Fairs, Children’s Discos, Quiz Night, Cake Sales and the Summer Picnic.
2019 - 2020 Committee Members
Hannah Fletcher and Giovanna Trew - Co-Chairs
Nichola Human – Secretary
Nicole Langendorf – Treasurer
Helen Lynam – Communications
There are also many other committee members who support the PSA events. If you would like to get involved then please come and see Hannah or Giovanna as there are many ways that you can support us.
WHAT WE DO
- All parents are automatically members of the PSA. Informal meetings are held on a regular basis at school which allow parents and staff to attend. Involvement in the PSA is a good way to meet other parents and become involved in the life of Queen’s.
- Our main focus is to raise funds for the school to purchase equipment or facilities that the school could not otherwise afford. Over the last few years we have funded:
- 3G pitch
- EYFS (Reception) area
- Reflection area (teepees & pagoda)
- Outdoor seating & facilities
- Outdoor storage
- Classes and workshops (dance, anti-bullying)
- Teaching resources (Twinkl)
- Sports kit
- Hand driers
- SEN funding
- Southwark Cathedral & Thames Mariners