Two Teaching Assistant Vacancies
Five days per week - 32.75 hour positions (term time only), fixed term contract until 22nd July 2020:
Monday to Thursday: 8.30am – 3.30pm; Friday: 8.15am- 3.30pm
Start Date: One post, December 2019; One post, January 6th 2020
Closing date extended: Friday 6th December, 12 noon
Interview date: By agreement during the week of 9th December
Salary: Scale 4 of the LBRUT Support Staff Scale
(£17,333 - £18,285, based on 32.75 hours per week, 39 weeks per year)
It is essential that applicants have experience of working with children with a range of Special Educational Needs. Ideally:
- Someone who is familiar with social thinking strategies, emotional literacy and using zones of regulation.
- Someone who has a positive hardworking attitude, shows initiative, is proactive and demonstrates good communication skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working with children with Special Educational Needs
- Have experience of working with children with Autistic Spectrum Disorder/ ADHD.
- Demonstrate a commitment towards raising standards within a school community
- Have an understanding of numeracy skills and literacy in the primary curriculum
- Positively promote inclusion and have high expectations for all children
- Be able to deliver a range of intervention programs
- Be creative and enjoy making their interventions fun in order to inspire, motivate, engage and enthuse our pupils to love learning and aspire for great things
- Be a proactive team player with good communication skills
- Have a range of effective positive behaviour management skills
- Be willing to contribute to the broader life of the school community
- Have a commitment to the school’s Christian values of Love, Compassion and Respect.
We can offer you:
- Enthusiastic, considerate pupils who are keen to learn
- A friendly, welcoming school with hard working and dedicated staff
- Opportunities for professional development
- A well-resourced learning environment
Visits are warmly welcomed; please contact the school office to book a tour.
The job description, person specification and application form can be downloaded below.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com or handed in at the school office.