Here you can find the current vacancies at the Queen's School. Please scroll down to see all vacancies
New Headteacher Vacancy
The Queen’s Church of England Primary School, Kew requires a new Headteacher for September 2019.
Salary range: L18-L24 (Group 3) £63,930 - £72,813
'With the departure of our long-standing Headteacher to a new Headship, we are now looking for the right successor for her - an experienced, inspirational and enthusiastic leader motivated by the challenge of taking excellence forward, developing and improving the school further, and enabling us to equip our 420 children, and those who follow them, with the skills and character they need for their futures.
- A happy, successful, Church of England primary school in the London Borough of Richmond - The Queen’s School is a Voluntary-Aided two form school which encourages every child to reach their full potential, nurtured and supported in an inclusive Christian community.
- A whole child approach to learning - the children and their learning are at the heart of everything we do: they achieve well academically and enjoy a wide range of sporting, musical and cultural opportunities, as they learn the importance of tolerance, respect for difference, and the role they can play in the wider communities in which they live.
- A successful platform to build on - recognised as an Outstanding school by OFSTED (2017) and SIAMS (2016), the school’s values of love, compassion and respect underpin our work, interactions, and ambitions for the future.
We are looking for
- An imaginative leader with strong strategic skills, you will inspire and encourage a loyal and talented team of education and childcare professionals.
- A spiritual leader who will support and further develop our Christian ethos, working with the Diocese and our local clergy, building on positive, collaborative, relationships across our local community.
- An open and approachable style, a demonstrable passion for the teaching of children in challenging and imaginative ways, along with kindness and a sense of fun and possibility.
- A commitment to building on our academic success and taking excellence forward, and in parallel, we would like to continue developing our plans for our new school building and outdoor facilities, for both the children, and our wider community.
- Business skills and a strong understanding of school finances. You will also be able to work out how best to respond to, and operate within, the financial pressures schools across the country are facing.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Headteacher, Deputy or Assistant Headteacher. You will be able to demonstrate that you have the leadership ability, teaching experience, and values to work with us all and to build on our successes.
How to apply
To apply, please download the Candidate Pack and Application Form. Only applications received on the official form will be considered.
For further information or to arrange an informal visit to the school, please contact Michelle Jones on firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8940 3580.
Applications should be submitted to email@example.com by noon Thursday 18th April, 2019. Interviews will be held on Wednesday 24th and/or Thursday 25th April 2019.
We look forward to meeting you.
Finance and Lettings Administrator (Maternity Cover) Vacancy
Employer: The Queen’s C. of E. Primary School
Location: Kew, London Borough of Richmond
Contract Type: 4 days per week, term time only
Contract Term: Maternity cover
Salary: NJC Scale 5
Hours: 28 hours per week, 39 weeks a year
Start Date: Tuesday 23rd April 2019
Application Closing Date: Monday 1st April, at 12 noon
Interview Date: Week of 1st April
The Queen’s C of E Primary School is a high achieving, highly sought after voluntary aided primary school with motivated pupils, talented, hard working staff and supportive parents and Governors.
“Pupils behave impeccably in and out of lessons. They take care of one another and thrive on the responsibilities the school provides for them.” (OFSTED 2017)
“The school goes to great lengths to integrate all children with Christian love and care. They know ‘everyone has their own special talent’ and that teachers work hard to make their school ‘a unique and happy place’ offering exciting and creative opportunities.” (SIAMS 2016)
Our Finance and Lettings Administrator is due to go on maternity leave in early May. The Governors are seeking to appoint a financially aware, highly organised person to provide cover during her absence. The role involves managing the day to day financial operation of the school, as well as managing lettings of the school site and co-ordinating lunchtime and after-school clubs.
This is a time of great opportunity and ambition for Queen’s, with a new school building and sports facilities, and following a recent Outstanding OFSTED inspection.
We are looking for someone who:
- Embodies the Christian values of the school of Love, Compassion and Respect, and is motivated by supporting the well-being of every child;
- Understands the importance of proper financial management, and appropriate income generation, in a school context;
- Will work effectively as part of a friendly, collaborative team in shared pursuit of the goals of the school;
- Enjoys partnering with colleagues across the school community, and externally;
- Is an enthusiastic, energetic and flexible colleague.
In return we offer
- A happy, motivating, school environment in which the hard work and commitment of colleagues is highly valued;
- Happy and caring children who are keen to learn;
- Support and enthusiasm from all in our school community;
- A commitment to personal professional development;
- A rewarding and varied job with potential for growth and the opportunity to be part of a high performing team.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. The post is subject to enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), excellent references, proof of qualifications, medical clearance and proof of entitlement to work in the EU.
Visits to the school are welcomed; please contact the school office to arrange a suitable time. Telephone 020 8940 3580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to apply, please complete the attached application form and send to the Headteacher, Ms Katie Bentham.
Address: The Queen’s C of E Primary School, Cumberland Road, Kew, Richmond. Surrey TW9 3HJ