The Queen’s Church of England Primary School, Kew requires a new Headteacher for September 2020.
Salary range: L18-L24 (Group 3) £65,689 - £74, 816
With the departure of our long-standing Headteacher last year, we are looking for the right successor - an experienced, inspirational and enthusiastic leader motivated by the challenge of taking excellence forward, developing and improving the school further, and enabling us to equip our some 420 children, and those who follow them, with the skills and character they need for their futures.
- A happy, successful, Church of England primary school in the London Borough of Richmond - The Queen’s School is a Voluntary-Aided two form school which encourages every child to reach their full potential, nurtured and supported in an inclusive Christian community.
- A whole child approach to learning - the children and their learning are at the heart of everything we do: they achieve well academically and enjoy a wide range of sporting, musical and cultural opportunities, as they learn the importance of tolerance, respect for difference, and the role they can play in the wider communities in which they live.
- A successful platform to build on - recognised as an Outstanding school by OFSTED (2017) and SIAMS (2016), the school’s values of love, compassion and respect underpin our work, interactions, and ambitions for the future.
We are looking for
- An imaginative leader with strong strategic skills, you will inspire and encourage a loyal and talented team of education and childcare professionals.
- A spiritual leader who will support and further develop our Christian ethos, working with the Diocese and our local clergy, building on positive, collaborative, relationships across our local community.
- An open and approachable style, a demonstrable passion for the teaching of children in challenging and imaginative ways, along with kindness and a sense of fun and possibility.
- A commitment to building on our academic success and taking excellence forward, and in parallel, we would like to continue developing our plans for our school building and outdoor facilities, for both the children, and our wider community.
- Business skills and a solid understanding of school finances. This will equip you to work out how best to respond to, and operate within, the financial pressures schools across the country are facing.
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented Headteacher, Deputy or Assistant Headteacher. You will be able to demonstrate that you have the leadership ability, teaching experience, and values to work with us all and to build on our successes. Job-share candidates are welcome to apply on that basis.
How to apply
To apply, please download the Candidate Pack and Application Form. Only applications received on the official form will be considered.
For further information or to arrange an informal visit to the school, please contact Michelle Jones on email@example.com or on 020 8940 3580.
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon Monday 9th March, 2020. Interviews will be held on Monday 30th and Tuesday 31st March 2020.
We look forward to meeting you.