Welcome to the year 3 learning page. Whilst you are unable to come into school, we want you to be able to keep on learning but we also want to feedback on the fantastic hard work you are doing and communicate more with you so we are moving to Google classroom and we will no longer be updating this page with new learning. (Please see parent mail about how to log in and access this resource.)
You will find the weekly tasks have been set for Maths, English and Other subjects and you will be able to upload work and share your learning with us if you wish to do so.
We are excited to find out about all the amazing learning you are doing!
Please note that there is no pressure to complete all the learning set, try to do what you can, when you can. Use the suggested timetable as a guide only.
How can I complete learning at home if I cannot access Google Classroom?
We are very aware that this change, won’t be suitable for everyone. So if you have limited time on a computer or are unable to access google classroom, there are lots of things you can do to keep learning going.
We recommend that at the very least you keep the following skills going -
- Weekly Spelling
- Daily Reading - We would love to have some book recommendations so if you feel like creating an A4 poster (like the one below) for a really good book you have read, telling us a little bit about it and why we should read it, that would be great. This could really help to inspire each other and help people choose a new book.
- Multiplication Tables - Moving on from 3, 4 and 8 times tables
- Workbooks -Use your Grammar and Comprehension Books to go over topics we have covered
- Home Learning Books - write a story, use it like your free writing book and choose your own theme.
- Charlotte's Web is our class book this term, please try and find a copy or listen to it being read at Charlotte's Web Audio
There are also fantastic learning opportunities provided by Oak academy and the BBC.
Week beginning Monday 27th April – we suggest you try the following links.
Each subject has a lesson a day or sequence to follow and can be accessed on a phone or a tablet or even on a SMART tv. For most activities you will only need a pencil and paper or do this in your Home Learning Books.
Daily lessons on Fractions - Oak National Academy Maths
Reading Comprehension - Daily activities - Oak National Academy English
Pulse - a music lesson from Oak National Academy